Menu

Bread (2) Breakfast (10) Desserts (8) Main Dishes (9) Muffins (3) Products (1) Salads (1) Side Dishes (10) Side items (1) Smoothies (3) Snacks (6) Soups (2) Video (1)

Wednesday, June 19, 2013

A Healthy "Truffle"

Gluten Free/Grain Free/Easily Vegan

I have made real truffles before and they were just “okay” per my boys, but this healthy version is LOVED by them! I promise, I would never make up stories about food! They sincerely love these bad boys.

These can be enjoyed as a energy snack, breakfast, or dessert! We have eaten them on all those occasions; I hope you like them as much as we do.


What you need:
1 cup raw almonds
1 and ¼ cup pitted dates, organic, chopped in ½ (to be kind to your food processor)
Zest of one orange
3 Tbls honey, organic, raw
3 Tbls cocoa powder
Shredded unsweetened coconut, organic, for rolling (optional)
Coconut oil, organic, unrefined

What you do:
Place almonds in food processor until finely ground.
Add dates and pulse two or three times.
Add cocoa, orange zest, and honey.
Process until a thick mixture or ball forms. 
Here is where I put a bit of coconut oil on my hands so the mixture doesn’t stick to me.
Take about 1 Tbls of mixture, roll into a ball and then roll in shredded coconut.
Place on dish lined with parchment paper.
Makes about 15 truffles/balls.
 
Eat immediately or place in refrigerator to stiffen.
 
Either way they are OH. SO GOOD!!!!!!! Healthy food can be delicious!


 

No comments:

Post a Comment