Menu

Bread (2) Breakfast (10) Desserts (8) Main Dishes (9) Muffins (3) Products (1) Salads (1) Side Dishes (10) Side items (1) Smoothies (3) Snacks (6) Soups (2) Video (1)

Sunday, June 9, 2013

Deliciously Green Salad

Gluten Free/Grain Free/Vegan (or not)

I first had a version of this while salad while at my mom's in FL, as she was preparing it she was telling me that she and my step-father had recently had it at a party and they loved it. That night, I understood why they loved it. It is fresh and delicious. When I returned to NM, I immediately created my own version.

 
**Feel free to use the lettuce of your liking. I am a huge fan of green leaf for its texture and sweetness. 

Here’s a bit of nutritional info for ya:
Green Leaf Lettuce is very low in Saturated Fat and Cholesterol. It's also a good source of Protein, Calcium, Magnesium and Phosphorus, and a great source of Dietary Fiber, Vitamin A, Vitamin C, Vitamin K, Thiamin, Riboflavin, Vitamin B6, Folate, Iron, Potassium and Manganese.


What you need:
1 small head green leaf lettuce, organic, washed, chopped
4 stalks celery, organic, washed diced
¼ cup fresh parsley, organic, chopped
5 green onion, organic, washed, chopped
1 cup frozen peas, organic, thawed
1/3 shredded or freshly grated cheese (dairy or non-dairy)
1 cup walnuts, chopped
4 Tbls Vegenaise/Mayonnaise
Salt and Pepper to taste (I recommended a good dose of pepper)

What you do:
I like to layer this salad to ensure an even mix prior to adding mayo of veggies. 
So:
In a large bowl, add a row of lettuce, row of parsley, row of walnuts, row of peas, row of green onions, repeat.
Add mayo and salt/pepper, mix well. A heavy dose of pepper is how we like it.
Place shredded cheese on top. 
ENJOY and report back.

 

 

2 comments:

  1. Yum! I'm going to make this with dinner tomorrow.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh! I hope you like it as much as we do!

    ReplyDelete