Menu

Bread (2) Breakfast (10) Desserts (8) Main Dishes (9) Muffins (3) Products (1) Salads (1) Side Dishes (10) Side items (1) Smoothies (3) Snacks (6) Soups (2) Video (1)

Sunday, June 9, 2013

Tropical Strawberry “Milk”shake.

Gluten Free/Grain Free/ Vegan/Soy and Nut Free

When I was a kiddo, my daddy and I did lots of things together; one of those things was to make banana milk shakes! Blender, vanilla ice-cream, brown bananas and whole milk. Blend. Enjoy. 

I love my daddy and miss him.

The whole milk ice-cream and whole milk are no longer an option for my milkshakes….trust me on that one and let’s move on. HA!

I like to make shakes and smoothies for breakfast. They make me happy. I feel like I’m having a treat; for some reasons egg whites don’t provide the same feeling. This shake is deliciously healthy, low fat, full of fresh flavors and amazing as a meal, snack or treat.

I have a recent obsession with pineapple, next week it will likely be a new obsession, but for now let’s add some pineapple and go with the name the Prince decided upon, after one drink:

Tropical Strawberry “Milk”shake.


What you need:
½ cup coconut milk, organic, full-fat, canned
½ to 1 cup sweetened, vanilla, milk beverage of choice (almond, coconut, soy, rice)
1 cup strawberries, organic, sliced
1 cup pineapple, organic, fresh, chunks
2 frozen bananas (peel and chop prior to freezing), organic

 
***Optional 2 to 4 TBLS of honey, if you are looking for a sweeter shake** 

What you do:
Place the above ingredients, in order, into your blender. Blend until smooth. Insert a large straw. 

Enjoy.
Makes about 4 cups.

 

No comments:

Post a Comment