Menu

Bread (2) Breakfast (10) Desserts (8) Main Dishes (9) Muffins (3) Products (1) Salads (1) Side Dishes (10) Side items (1) Smoothies (3) Snacks (6) Soups (2) Video (1)

Sunday, June 9, 2013

Pineapple Orange Smoothie

Gluten Free/Grain Free/Vegan/Soy Free


I fall of the portion control wagon, fairly often. I eat healthy, but MAN-O-MAN! I can put it down. I try not to be emotionally controlled by my scale, but I fail at that too. Now, if my pants start to feel tight, in addition to those two things,…WATCH OUT! I start to get cranky, cranky and maybe a little more, cranky. Once I get my emotional instabilities in check, I begin thinking quickly and always come up with the same Ah Ha! Moment….I’m eating TOO MUCH! So, I then start thinking how I can put myself in check; for me, healthy smoothies are the way to go. They are delicious, filling, nutritious and my body doesn’t place them directly on my thighs and stomach. **Bonus reasons are that both the King Dad and the Prince enjoy them.
 
OH! And recently organic pineapples have been on sale, so I knew that I needed to make a smoothie with fresh pineapple.

So be good to your taste buds and to the buttons on your jeans and go whip yourself up a smoothie.
 
Enjoy!


What you need:
2 frozen bananas, organic, (tip *peel and chop prior to freezing)

½ cup pineapple, organic, freshly peeled, cored and chopped (unsweetened canned will work)

Zest from one organic orange

Juice from 2 medium to large oranges (about ¾ cup), organic, freshly squeezed

1/3 to ½ cup almond/coconut milk, unsweetened (amount depends on desired consistency)

What you do:

Place all ingredients into blender. I tend to start with liquids. Blend until “smoothie”, ha!

Enjoy!!

This smoothie is only naturally sweetened and we LOVE it, if you need more sweetness…squeeze the ole’ organic raw honey bear a time or two.

 

No comments:

Post a Comment